“Scam, ploy,” says farmers on DAR enlistment of Luisita beneficiaries; KMP condemns latest violence in Hacienda Luisita
June 17, 2012
“Scam, ploy,” says farmers on DAR enlistment of Luisita beneficiaries
KMP condemns latest violence in Hacienda Luisita
Agrarian reform issues will not die down and continue to hound the Aquino administration as long as Hacienda Luisita remains under the control of President Aquino’s family.
The militant peasant group Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP) today questioned the distribution process and branded as a “scam and a ploy to place Cojuangco dummies” the Department of Agrarian Reform’s so-called enlistment of farm worker beneficiaries in the more than 6,000-hectare Hacienda Luisita.
“The DAR’s implementation of the Supreme Court decision on Hacienda Luisita is highly questionable. We see something sinister behind the DAR’s so-called enlistment of farm worker beneficiaries in Hacienda Luisita,” says KMP deputy secretary general Willy Marbella noting reports that the enlistment already reached more than 8,000.
“This enlistment scam by the DAR puts genuine Hacienda Luisita farmer-beneficiaries in danger as it is a ploy aimed at placing Cojuangco dummies as so-called beneficiaries,” Marbella said adding: “We demand the DAR to produce the 1989 list of beneficiaries that also served as HLI’s bases for giving worthless stock certificates during the SDO (stock distribution option) regime.”
“President Aquino is now using the very same bogus Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) to once again evade the distribution of his family’s estate,” Marbella said.
Marbella said that “these political maneuvers by the Cojuangcos concretely expose the President as a cold-blooded haciendero and his pro-land reform posturing is as sham as CARP.”
“While Aquino and his yellow gang are making false promises and deodorizing the bogus CARP, the President’s family-owned Hacienda Luisita stinks with political maneuvers and violence,” Marbella said.
The KMP also condemned the renewed harassment and violence against farmworkers citing reports from the Alyansa ng Manggagawang bukid sa Asyenda Luisita (Ambala) and the Alyansa ng mga Magbubukid sa Gitnang Luson (AMGL) that four women farmworkers including a minor were wounded in an assault by Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (RCBC) security guards who are now conducting fencing activities on the 184-hectare contested lands.
The Ambala – AMGL report said that about 15 RCBC security guards and 20 goons attacked the farmworkers and wounded Flor Sibayan, Analyn Martinez, Rowena Flores, including 16-year old Wendy Flores, were brought to the nearest hospital for medical attention.
“We condemn this latest attacks against Hacienda Luisita farmworkers by RCBC. The ongoing violence and fencing activity by RCBC is the ‘final push’ described in Oplan April Spring, the grand plan designed to deny the farm workers of their rights over the lands,” Marbella said.
Earlier this month, the KMP exposed the document titled “Oplan April Spring” which was sent via email, on April 30, by former Marikina congressman Romeo Candazo to lawyer Anacleto Diaz who represents the RCBC in the land dispute inside Hacienda Luisita aims “to mobilize the community in the completion of the fencing and enclosure of the property, eviction of the intruders and its defense against future saboteurs.”
The KMP said that “Oplan April Spring serves the interests of the Cojuangco-Aquinos as its special operations component is designed to weaken the organization and struggle of Hacienda Luisita farm workers.”
The KMP maintained that despite the Supreme Court decision affirming RCBC as a buyer in ‘good faith’ thereby exempting the 184-hectare land from distribution, the subject lands continue to be under dispute.
“Ambala still have a pending petition before the DAR for the revocation of the illegal conversion order issued to RCBC and continuously asserts that the property was illegally sold by the Cojuangcos to RCBC,” says Marbella. #
KMP National Secretariat
25-B Matiyaga Street, Barangay Central, Quezon City